Crew Macmillan had a great session today cleaning up our school grounds. Sadly we didn’t manage to find anything too spectacular (only a few bits of tissue and one unidentified broken pen) but Frankie suggested that next time we should bring metal detectors – fingers crossed we find some long-buried treasure!
As the X24 Human expedition Rebellion draws to a close we have been spending time in session writing our answer to the guiding question and reflecting on the past fifteen weeks. A massive highlight of this project was the performance of Romeo and Juliet, where all fifty students showed such courage to perform to such a large audience.
I am so proud of every student in X24 for the incredible hard work that went into the performance and the expedition as a whole. I look forward to seeing the students continue to create beautiful work in the next expedition.
On Wednesday 8th May, students in X24 will be performing William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet as their final product for the expedition REBELLION.
The performance will take place at 6pm at XP EAST. Please ensure you arrive in time to be seated before the performance starts.
Students in X24 will be expected to stay at school until the end of their Presentation of Learning. The reason for this is because this will allow time for the students to do a rehearsal before the evening performance. Therefore, please can you ensure that students bring enough food to fuel them for the evening.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact school.
We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
This morning, Alfie gave us an insight into some of his collection of endangered plants. Alfie is our expert on botanical science and our crew look forward to the scientific breakthroughs he will make in the future!
X24 will be attending a performance of Romeo & Juliet at The Grand Theatre, Blackpool on Wednesday 27th February. We will be leaving school at 10am and aim to return to XP by 7pm. Students will need to bring a packed lunch that will be eaten on arrival in Blackpool and also have some further food to snack on during the return journey. We will keep you updated during the day through the school website.
It is with great pleasure that I can confirm that all of our Year 7 Crews in C24 will have their Outward Bounds experience at the Ullswater Centre in the Lake District. This will take place at the beginning of Year 8, and so will be an important point for us to once more reflect upon the question ‘What is Crew?’.
Students will depart from XP by coach on the morning of Tuesday 28th August and will return on the evening of Friday 31st August.
C24 will be pioneers in their own right as they are the first of our students to visit the Ullswater Centre. I know that they will have an exciting, enjoyable and most importantly meaningful experience that will help them to further develop their character and come back to school with even greater purpose to produce beautiful work and continue to become beautiful people.
As such it is vital that all students attend the four days in the Lake District. Our school’s roots lie in the Outward Bounds movement. Forming a respectful relationship with nature, and enjoying the primacy of self-discovery are at the heart of our curriculum.
There will be a meeting for all families of C24 students on Tuesday 5th June at 6.00pm in XP School where we will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
- A kit list is available here
- A fact sheet about the centre is available here.
- Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here.
Some important points around organisation are as follows:
- C24 students need to be at school for 8.30am on Tuesday 28th August 2018 as we need to depart by coach at 9.00am.
- A £10 refundable deposit is required from every student for room insurance at the centre. Could you please secure this in an envelope with your son’s/daughter’s name and pass this onto me following the meeting on 5th June.
- Students are allowed to take mobile phones but once at the centre they will be stored securely during the day. Students will be allowed to access their phones for a brief period during the evening to phone home, if required. Phones will be then collected back in by Crew Leaders and returned to the store.
- If you need to phone the centre for any reason the number is 01768 485000.
- we will arrive back in Doncaster on Friday 31st August 2018 at approximately 4.30pm. We will keep you updated of any delays/updates via our website.
- Students will return to school will as usual on Monday 3rd September 2018 to begin their new learning expeditions.
If you have any questions in the meantime please contact our office:
I look forward to seeing you on the 5th June.
*** UPDATE: We have brought forward the launch of our product, so this fieldwork has been postponed. We will be going later in the term. More details to follow. ***
Students in Year 7 will be doing fieldwork in Denaby Main, looking at the site of the old pit village and pit top. We will be walking around 1km, so students will need to be dressed appropriately and be ready for wintery weather.
7 Skipper will be going on the morning of Wednesday 22nd November.
7 Admiral will be going on the morning of Thursday 23rd November.
On both days students will be leaving and returning to school during normal sessions and so no pack-up lunch is required.